20-23 September 2014, Sunkoshi Beach Camp, Nepal
Managing Rivers for Life!
Nepal River Conservation Trust (NRCT), Central Department of Environmental Science (CDES)/Tribhuvan University (TU), Kirtipur, Department of Environmental Science and Engineering/Kathmandu University (KU), Dhulikhel and Institute for Social and Environmental Transition-Nepal (ISET-N) Kathmandu with support from different organizations are going to organize 4 days National River Summit 2014, with diverse objectives of bringing stakeholders together and sharing knowledge, identifying gaps in the information and management of Nepal’s Rivers, to create a forum for continued communications between stakeholders, and to recommend measures to help develop policies to manage and govern rivers.
The following are the five objectives for the National River Summit 2014.
1. To bring together stakeholders and both local and global expertise to share knowledge, information, opportunities and threats to Nepal’s rivers.
2. To prepare a recommendation for a legislation (river management guidelines) to govern rivers in Nepal.
3. To form a core group to take the legislative process forward to a National River Policy.
4. To identify key gaps in the documentation, knowledge and understanding of Nepal’s rivers and plan a strategy to fill those gaps.
5. To create a forum that can be repeated each year to ensure continued communication between stakeholders and raise public awareness of river management and conservation.
Thematic Areas (Based on Nepal’s River)
1. Conservation and Management
2. Sustainable use for development
3. Quality Monitoring and Assessment
4. Guidelines, Policy and Legislation
5. Trade and Services
6. Hydrology and Inter-sector Issues
7. Restoration and Rehabilitation
8. Pollution and Degradation
Submission of Abstract: July 15, 2014 (First Extension: 15 August, 2014)
Notification of Acceptance: July 22, 2014 (Second Notification: 22 August, 2014)
Submission of Full Papers: August 05, 2014 (Submission Extension: 15 September, 2014)
Early Registration: July 15, 2014
Normal Registration: August 15, 2014
Late/Onsite Registration: September 20, 2014
Student : NPR 3500
Individual : NPR 4000
Organizational (1pax) : NPR 7000
* The summit is complete residential event and accommodation is based on twin sharing basis on tented camp at sandy beach of sunkoshi river.
Participants are request to collect your cash receipt from the secretariat upon the registration time. Participants also make a payment through bank and send us scan copy of bank deposit slip within deadline for verification on the following details;
Account Name: Nepal River Conservation Trust
Account Type: Current
Account No.: 01400105200404
Name of the Bank: Everest Bank Limited
For More Details, Summit Secretariat
Nepal River Conservation Trust (NRCT)
GPO Box. No. 12346, Nayabazar, Kathmandu
Tel: +977-1 4361995, 9841266456, email: email@example.com
Web: www.nrct.org.np, www.cdes.edu.np, www.ku.edu.np
सुनकोशी घोषणा पत्र २०७१ (Sunkoshi Declaration 2014) (pdf, 38KB) – Nepali Version
Please do wnload participants registration form (pdf, 182KB) CLICK HERE
Information to the Summit Participants (pdf, 373KB)
New Program Schedule (pdf, 179KB)
Click link below for other information: